Tuesday, September 10, 2019

A Program Worth Keeping

https://www.salemnews.com/news/local_news/hospital-closing-program-for-mental-illness-addiction/article_301862a3-9047-5509-b591-7a93e184285d.html

     Above is the link to a Salem News article written by Paul Leighton discussing the closing of a long standing program at Beverly hospital.  The following is a plea from a person in the last graduating class......me.

     I have never been a political person. my dial has always been moved by the emotional.  Ask anyone who knows me.....reason always comes after that first visceral overreaction...like for many.  I recently put a heartfelt post on facebook....Depression is no joke....it can affect anyone....it affects me.  I consider my post a reasoned plea.  I appreciate the response. I got into this program...at the last call...literally.

     I decided to turn my luck into reality. I have 2 days left. The program is 6 hours a day mandatory daily attendance. To say this has helped me doesn't give the program enough credit. This orogram can either be the gateway to more treatment or a branch to outpatient care and support groups.

     The program uses the DVT approach to teaching....is 12 step based in its roots and is more seminar and discussion based than mere handout and lecture. You won't snooze as you are engaged and involved. These folks are smart and passionate...

     Between fb and my blog I figure I reach 200 people.  I would love to hit more.  This program needs to keep a presence here.  Please pass the word on to the mayor and state rep.....anyone you think can wield influence...

     I am doing extremely well. I will assume my part time job and dig into volunteerism locally. Be healthy and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment