Tuesday, August 20, 2019

today

I don't usually do this on facebook....i have a blog ....but I'd like to share this. depression is looked at by some as an issue that can be fixed by tuning up with some meds...maybe a shrink or a life coach....but at some point the answer has to come from within on one's own terms. for me....maybe this all started at age 18 with my first dear John letter....
or at age 22 spending a night in a jail cell for dwi....i am realizing that my life is not just mine.....but belongs to my family and friends. I owe to me...my wife.....my kids....and my village of friends and extended family...to be well and be better. I could be cliche and call this an epiphZ!
any....but God has tossed in more than a few warning shots....i can't just keep ducking. I can't just do this my way on my terms....i have to consider letting the tribe in....and maybe admit that I have a problem that require daily attention....daily life attention...similar to being a diabetic with my daily regimen....i have a problem that really requires at this point an admission of responsibility.....owning at the bottom line that this on me...i have to manage it and be better to the people that care.

I'm not the poster child for depression....everyone has their own struggles and so do many others...and like my son loves at say when I screw something up...'It could be worse daddy'....he's right. this book has been written many times. my story is trite and I own it....all on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment