80 years young, brown hair and brown eyes
In a chair ride limited to a short view
The room is small and has a few things
I don't think it has much of you
This long goodbye, it's for you
A year has passed since the long ride home
Not a journey you chose in the May dew
You handled the ride with a confused sense of pride
And we all tried to say "We love you"
This long goodbye, it's for you
To be trite, I can't ever walk in your shoes
My feet are too big, and I'd now need a wig
You almost lost it all getting me here
I owe you much more than a baby's soft cheer
You may soon go so I want you to know
This long goodbye, it's for you
Don't worry about sorry at this time of day
Your mind is a child who can't really play
The burden is ours to take yours away
I hope you find peace and get your release
This long goodbye, it's for you
To say that we love you doesn't make it complete
We'll keep your smile and laugh always in sight
We won't say goodbye, and I'll surely cry
But when it's time, may you rest your pure heart
This long goodbye, it's for you
2 girls and 2 boys you brought to this world
The binding ties nearly sixty years young
New life pushes on, we'll all carry strong
This long goodbye, it's for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wrote this about a year ago . . . . I have not visited this blog in a year . . . . Happy Mother's Day Meme.
ReplyDeleteLove, Rob